21 August, 2026

Birthday Ride

 


The background is painted with pearly watercolour paints on watercolour paper.  I has a lovely sheen.

The diecut balloon from Joanna Sheen is cut in two different patterned papers and reassembled using both papers. A stamped diecut tag (NCraft) tied up with gardeners twine.   

Here in Hamilton, NZ we have a hot air balloon festival in April, our southern autumn.

Shared on challenges:            

lovethoseprettypapers-august-look to the skies

cardz4guyz-389-hot-air-balloons

craftrocket-139-transportation 

papercraft-challenges-133-back-to-basics 

kraftychicks-834-cas 

tryitontuesday-inspired-by-song Up up and away, by 5th Dimension 1968

cutitupchallenges-363-moving-along 

girlzcreativefun-24-p.papers

3 comments:

  1. OH WOW ... love your paper piecing (haven't done that in years) and your overall design is fabulous! Well done my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Love Those Pretty Papers challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Love Those Pretty Papers Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty. Love the colors. I've been to a balloon festival years ago and I remember how gorgeous all the balloons were.

    Thanks for joining our challenge at Cut it Up.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a wonderful card Carol - love that balloon!! It's so pretty, and you have positioned it beautifully against your 'sky'
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you came to visit and took the time to leave me a comment! Thank you!