27 September, 2026

Birthday Bird

 


Adding to my stash of birthday cards.  This time a masculine style.

The background uses an embossing folder that I bought to get fishy scales, but after a bit of a think, it's also like feathers!  The die shape is Simon Says Stamps squaoval nesting cut to a wonky frame and laid it over some repurposed gold wrapping paper.  The Happy Birthday die is an old Poppy Stamps one, I love the wacky font. The branch is Memory Box.  The Spellbinders raven/crow is all different shades of brown (the bird is not black! but is a very dark chocolate brown), kraft and a dark cream used.  A gold many layered thread bow.

Shared on challenges:            

colorfuloptions-september-kraft-rustybrown

cardz4guyz-390-fallautumn 

kraftychicks-839-masculine

classicdesignchallenge-sepoct-anythinggoes

mixitup-85-anything-goes-opt-emboss

die-cut-divas-recycle-reuse-repurpose gold wrapping paper











4 comments:

  1. This one is so different Carol, but it's incredible. Love the browns and golds together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - what a stunner Carol - love this! The colours and textures are amazing together - love the fish scales turned feathers :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous car Carol, love the handsome Raven and neutral colours with the gold.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great guy card and I love that crow. with his hat and tie. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you came to visit and took the time to leave me a comment! Thank you!