22 September, 2026

Sepia Discovery

 


Vintage style is always fun to play with.  I have a photo of me as a child very similar to this one.

The background card panel is some I treated/dyed/stained/coloured with coffee and coffee grounds. I made a whole batch for later.   Layered with a vintage photo (I think it came with an old Tim Holtz package) diecut into a Dienamics tag, an inked diecut doiley, gauze, a piece of fringe, stamping, a pearl, an old ticket, staples, and a Tim Holtz metal charm thingy that says "Discover" held on with brads.  Is that enough old stuff?

Shared on challenges:            





justusgirls-841-mood-board inspired by colours, textures









9 comments:

  1. Aww, what a little cutie! This is sweet. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great vintage card Carol. It's simply fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love sepia, its just so lovely, this is such a sweet card Carol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - the extra texture with the fringe is beautiful - I seem to remember receiving a very similar card in a swap some time ago, that I have kept because I liked it so much
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Vintage card and photo, love all the sepia background and the trim you used.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful sepia card! And how fun that you created your own background paper with coffee!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon for our "For the Longest Time" challenge this week!

    Kate
    http://www.smallbitsofpaper.blogspot.com/">Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super vintage style creation, Carol. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dying cardstock with coffee isn't something I have heard of but I love the look you got, Carol. Wonderful vintage card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love all of the wonderful texture and dimension of your design ... so very glad you joined us at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you came to visit and took the time to leave me a comment! Thank you!