18 July, 2026

Sweetest

 


At a recent workshop held by a Masters student from the local polytech, we free-painted watercolours on A3 paper.  I chopped up the page into 8 pieces and are using it for backgrounds.  The watercolour paints were student grade, nothing fancy.

I used a black & white image from my bitz box (no idea where it's from) of a pear, fussy cut it and popped it up against the background.  I chose this background because it was pear coloured mostly.  The sentiment is also from my bitz box, a stamp I think?  Using up stash.

Shared on challenges:        




papercraft-challenges-132-good-enough-to-eat




Lots of fun, trying different techniques in watercolour on A3 watercolour paper.

Can you spot where the background is cut from?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my, that's a gorgeous background and I love how you've let it show its stuff on the black base with the black and white focal image. What a fabulous card overall! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background for your pear is amazing! I would like to do this technique myself!
    Lia DT DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. An incredible background, which I think came from the top left of your panel, and the drama of the black pear is stunning against it - an eye catching card, Carol, that I love
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Carol :-) I absolutely LOVE the watercolored background with the black and white pear! The effect is just stunning!! :-)

    Congratulations you have won the $25 gift certificate on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    Please email us at simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com to claim your voucher
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A glorious card Carol. LOVE LOVE LOVE your A3 watercoloured sheet and the fact that you have chopped it up to use as card backgrounds. The contrast of the black and white pear is simply fantastic. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you came to visit and took the time to leave me a comment! Thank you!