Yesterday I received this sizzix die in the mail and of course I had to try it out straight away. I have made two cards, here is the first - I will save the other for later, it is quite different.
The die is all in one piece so I had to work out the best way to use it. Firstly I diecut a whole die in white card, then diecut in parts from snippets of patterned paper, trimmed to shape and reassembled it onto the white card diecut. The background is a Cuttlebug EF with inked edges; the parrot die is Sizzix. I purposely left off a sentiment so I could use it for any occasion.
.. and here we are with this brightly coloured parrot sitting in it's flowery leafy bower.




LOVE this gorgeous parrot... so colourful. Great use of scraps to piece it together.
ReplyDeleteGreat colourful card, loe the embossed background and paper pieced parrot.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
Super card made with your snippets. Love the embossing behind too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse later. Xxx
What a fun idea!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing with us at Addicted to stamps and more.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT
Great job. Love how the parrot is placed on the embossed panel - so clever! I also love that you used patterned paper for the birds body. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!
ReplyDeletesue n.