03 October, 2026

Hiya-drangea

 



 My fave thing in card making is getting inky.  This week I received this stamp as a prize from Beautiful Blossoms and couldn't wait to use it.  Thanks again Donna & team, see their work and join the challenge here: beautifulblossomschallenge .

I ink blended the background panel with JuiseyArt hybrid inks, then misted it with water to get a lovely mottled effect.   The stamp is an AALL&Create collage stamp called Hiya-drangea.   I used a water-lift technique to lighten the leaves so they stood out from the background, and highlighted the flowers with WoS gold for subtle sparkle.  The border punch is a really old one from Martha Stewart (among one of my first punches I think) just to 'ground' the picture, finished with a presentation bow at the neck of the flower.  The inks are five colours including 2 purples, 2 blues, and seagreen on the left bottom which hasn't photographed well.

I didn't fuss with it too much it is beautiful just as it is.  I reckon it will be quite versatile as I can stamp just the sentiment, and maybe fussy cut the flower.  The flower looks a bit like a topiary tree.

Shared on challenges:            

beautifulblossoms-anythinggoes/opt moodboard

cupcakeinspirations-641-colour

creativeknockouts-580-sparkle-shine

sparkles-204-your-favourite-technique inking

tripleb-octoberchallenge



















4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love how you've used the stamp! You've created a lovely card, and the colors are some of my favorites. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, and sharing your sweet card. We hope you'll play again soon.
    Donna xx
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    The Pick 3 Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful prize, Carol, and you have used it fabulously on this stunning card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You designed this so well Carol, congrats on your win too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning the beautiful collage stamp and great inky background.
    Carol x
    Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Monthly.
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you came to visit and took the time to leave me a comment! Thank you!