Translate

Tuesday, 14 June 2016

Altered

Altered teacup.

My friend Jude and I made ourselves a pincushion each from an old teacup.  We also made the pins from random bits from the bead box,  and the roses from scraps of fabric.

How to:
Made the roses from torn strips of scrap fabric & lace and the leaves from bits of organza ribbon.
Made the puff stuffed with dacron filling, and hot glued it into the cup.
Hotglued the cup to the saucer, then arranged the roses and leaves before hot gluing them on.
The pins were just a packet of pearl-head pins from the dollar shop with odd beady bits arranged and glued in place.

This was a fun thing to do and such a lovely way to enjoy those 'lady' cups again - much better to enjoy them than to have wrapped up in storage.

Shared on challenge:
http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2016/06/june-6th-to-june-19th-alter-something.html

3 comments:

Maxine D said...

This is so pretty and incredibly creative Carol - love it!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn Turley said...

Stunning Carol. So creative.

Judy McKay said...

Love your altered tea cup. Just had to pin it. Very stunning Carol.