Translate

01 June, 2017

Kitty model

Another great week at the Crafters Café; the theme is Anything Goes/Transport.  I'm sure you have some ideas already, check out the design team's work here: crafterscafe

Our sponsor is Sheepski; and the image I used is : kitty-mannequin-model


I wanted it to look a bit vintage so I printed the image, then printed again onto patterned paper for her dress (paper pieced).   I printed again onto scrap paper and cut it out to use as a mask so I could stamp the car, then sponge it with Distress Inks.  When finished it reminded me of those car ads in the 70's/80's where models lounged against the cars to show them off.


Image: Sheepski Kitty-Mannequin-Model
Coloured with Copics
Car stamp: Anita's
Flower stamp: Wibra
Flag die: China
Lime cord, gems, Kindyglitz

Shared on challenges:
sheepski designs-#3-girlz-rule
craftingbydesigns-june-anything-goes
craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper -june
ikesworld-challenges-89-week-2-anything-happy
carabbiemoments-119-AG-birthday
glitternsparkle-241-ag

13 comments:

Bunny said...

I really like paper piecing. I think they still have models at the unveiling of the new cars.

AndreaNorris said...

Ooo cool looks a bit like a car advert!
Andrea x
SheepSki Designs
You can enter this into my Facebook Challenge & blog challenge :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1730005463906336/
https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/challenge-3-girlz-rule.html

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done Carol - this so retro, and elegant!
Blessings
Maxine

Borqna said...

What a wonderful card, Carol! Congrats!
I'm so glad too you're here agane in our challenge - IkesWorld-Challenges!
Blessings,
Borqna

Mel Gee said...

Love the detail. Lovely card.
Thank you for entering our ATG Challenge at Crafting by Designs https://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
Regards
Mel DT
https://melgeecrafts.wordpress.com/

Jean said...

Oh wow this is amazing. Loving how you have the car in the background.
Thanks for joining us at Sheep Ski Designs
Jean xx

Sall said...

Hehe such a fun joyful card. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Susan Renshaw said...

Great card...love the image and the car in the background...
Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Susan
DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Julia said...

Gorgeous creation! Love the colors and layers. Makes me feel happy.
Hugs,
Julia, IKe's World Challenge DT

ike said...

Super card - love the design. I really like how you put the images together and did her dress :-)
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-)

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

crafty-stamper said...

Definitely looks like a car advert -love the paper pieced imaged and great masking
Carol x

Sarah Bell said...

A beautiful card, love the design – thanks for joining in the Glitter ‘N’ Sparkle Challenge - Anything Goes. – Sarah DT – http://magentasnowflake.blogspot.co.uk

Helen said...

Beautiful card - thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge and we hope you will join us again next month.

Helen x
(DT Member)