Translate

10 August, 2015

Notions Quilt Challenge

The challenge is "Notions" ; had to be 30cm x 30 cm finished size, and consist of three quilting layers (top, batting, back).

This is version one.  Even though I had been working with it on & off for a month or more, I wasn't satisfied with it, it felt messy and unfocussed.

On the morning of hand-in, I took bits off and discarded them, then rearranged other pieces, in particular the scissors.







I am happy with this one:  Version two.  The scissors look much better 'cutting' through the slash at the top, and fewer buttons show up the black stitching that quilts the piece.   And more importantly it looks 'cleaner' and more purposeful.  Now I think the eye goes up the zip and around the quilt in a focussed way, rather than darting all over the place.

Hope you like it too.

1 comment:

jaybea said...

Carol quilt has turned out beautifully and yes version 2 looks better with the scissors