Translate

28 September, 2018

Purple Poppet

Sock Puppet
A friend of mine has friends who go to India to work with children there, and they find puppets are a good way to communicate.  They asked if we could make some.
Here is one I made for them to take. It is my first go at this.
I have a lot of trouble with hot glue guns and seem to get more on me than on the project.  I got some ideas off the internet and used the bits that worked for me.
 It is all I have done this week apart from sleep as I had a bad fall on Tuesday hurting my back, hip and knee, and while I am still very ouchy, today I managed to make it up the stairs to work on it.
Hmmm maybe I could put some ears on it...
Maybe on the next one.

Shared on challenges:
pinspirational-challenge-225 try something different
sheepski-designs-18-for-kidz
creativefingers-midway-challenge-152

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Carol that fall sounds nasty - take care!!..and heal well and quickly.
Love your sock cutie - it's gorgeous
Blessings
Maxine

Bunny said...

Oh, Carol.............I'm so sorry you had a nasty fall. I hope you improve every day and that the pain lessens as well.

I think your sock puppet is stunning. [Bunny]

Teresa Arsenault said...

Hi Carol. I hope you have recovered from your fall. Your puppet is very cute with loads of personality.

Thank you so much for the lovely get well card you sent me, along with the wee packet of paper embellishments. It was very thoughtful of you and such a bright spot in my day.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Sandy said...

So sorry to hear of your fall; hope you're recovering well. Your puppet is so cute -- I remember making sock puppets like these with my son. Thank you for entering in Pinspirational Challenge. Best of luck in the draw. Sandy/DT

Sari / Granne said...

Such a fun project and a great purpose too. I'm sorry to read about your fall, I hope you get well really soon. Thank you so much for joining SheepSki Designs challenge and I hope you will have a lovely Autumn.

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant sock puppet--but sorry to her about your fall do take care -hope your feeling less ouchy not good parts to hurt-back/knee and hip!!!
Carol x

Maikreations said...

Dear Carol, this is such a cute puppet and will certainly be a big help communicate with the children your friends will meet ;o) Thank you for sharing your project with us at PINspirational! Have a great Sunday and happy crafting, Maike ;o)

Deanne Saunders said...

Sooooo cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper