Translate

10 June, 2020

Mosaic

This is made using a punch I have had forever (probably one of the first ones I owned);  I am trying to use stuff I have, but maybe have forgotten or not used for ages.

The base card is heavy cream linen finish, so I punched 12 squares from light cream parchment paper  and made a larger square in gold paper for the centre, by punching four times.  It was really difficult lining up the punch to get a bigger square, so there were about 8 centres that ended up in the bin before I got a good one... then spacing ... ugh.

Punch: Dovecraft
Sentiment stamp: magazine freebie
gold embossed
Sentiment dies: Nellie's
metallic gold card


I deliberately left the sentiment open, as I thought I could use it for lots of occasions - maybe a golden wedding anniversary  or even as a sympathy card.

Shared on challenges:
letscreate-160-ag-option-punch-it

creativecraftcottage-130-eileens-anything-goes
craftycreations-june-410-anything-goes
crafterscastle-june-challenge-anythinggoes
cardsgalore-june-76-anythinggoes
simonsaysstamp-wednesday-simon-says-something-metallic

8 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow! This is so elegant looking! I love the pop of gold over it!! Stunning!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card though Carol worth the hassle or maybe that's why it's neglected!I have started on my neglected dies this week quite a few of those.
Carol x

Janette said...

So pretty Carol and it was worth using stash. Xx

Bunny said...

This is so elegant and feminine. A lovely card. [Bunny]

kiwimeskreations said...

That may have been time consuming work Carol, but the result is stunning - incredibly elegant and classy!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Sue said...

Stunningly elegant, Carol.

Hugs
Sue

Andree said...

A beautifully elegant card.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore June Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
Anneke DT