Translate

27 August, 2021

Sympathy Birds


 

Smooshing, spritzing and splattering are the background I made for this card.  I like the simple look even though it isn't a simple card.  I like the imagery of birds for this sympathy card.


Diecut clouds: unbranded

Diecut birds: Spellbinders

Embossed sentiment: 

Also: D.Inks, misters, Decoart spray


Shared on challenges:

simonsaysstamp monday-spritz & splatter

simonsaysstamp wednesday-anything-goes

audsentiments-282-thinking-of-you,get-well,sympathy

asyoulikeit favourite-wild-animal-why  Birds, because I wish I could fly.  I often used to dream I could fly and it was such a disappointment to wake up and find I couldn't.  Remember the song "I believe I can fly"?  that's me!

cupcakeinspirations-526-take flight

scrapping4fun-199-more-than-2-layers

pixies-snippets-playground-challenge-410 JFFun










13 comments:

April said...

Such a nice card! I love the clouds and the birds.

Janette said...

Hi Carol, gorgeous card, love the birds and what a great background for them.xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Carol - love the birds in front of those fabulous clouds.
Stay safe
Blessings
MAxine

Dawn T said...

lovely card Carol.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the silhouette die-cut birds and great background clouds
Carol x

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely card for a very sad occasion. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Nora Noll said...

This is a beautiful sympathy card. I love that you used the bold, black birds against those smooshed clouds. Looks fabulous. Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspiration Challenge

Sarn said...

This is a really nice sympathy card. Great background. X

sue t. said...

What a peaceful and serene card, perfect to alleviate someone's grief. Thanks for taking off on our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!

Quillish said...

This is so lovely. The bg and the silhouette of birds makes it so striking. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations and showing us your flight of birds. Hugs ~ Ishani

Bhavya Raghavendra said...

So serene scene with silhouette birds Carol. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake inspirations! Hugs Bhavya

Di said...

What a lovely card Carol - the birds against your beautiful background really do make a perfect sympathy design.

Hugs

Di xx

Squirrel x said...

Thank you so much for joining in with your favourite wild animal at AYLI. This is a gorgeous make and we really appreciate you taking up the challenge. Hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Squirrel x PS. Now I have Orville The Duck singing in my head!