Translate

04 December, 2019

Christmas Joy

Yes, it's that C-word.

The paper was the inspiration for this and I have used a sketch from Tuesday Morning sketches.
Instead of the red and green of traditional cards, I decided to give it a bit of a twist with red and turquoise blue, which reflects our kiwi summer Christmas (the blue of the sea, and the red blossom of the pohutukawa tree which flowers at Christmas).

I like the paper not square to the edges, rounded corners and a circle diecut from one corner.  The word is diecut in layers from black card and silver mirrorcard.  I added silver cord to look like a bauble,added a organza bow, and some sequins to pretty it up.

Large circle die: Spellbinders
Smaller stitched circle die: DieNamics
Joy die: Intricutz
Also: SIlver mirrorcard, silver cord, sequins, ribbon



Shared on challenges:
tuesdaymorningsketches-532
dreamvalley-215-christmas
audsentiments-241-christmas-or-winter-sentiment
die-cut-divas-december-Christmas
ikesworld-127-Christmas
cutitup-188-tic-tac-toe bottom row: sketch-bling-DPaper
lovetoscrap-128-christmas-bingo O:blue,sequins,silver
simon-says-traditional-christmas/
abitmoretimetocraft-105-ag







18 comments:

Bunny said...

Joy to the World. Lovely card, Carol. I love the font on the sentiment and the black contrasting with the white. [Bunny]

Patti said...

This is so pretty Carol, I really like that you paired turquoise with the red instead of green and that Joy it a wonderful focal point that packs a lot of punch! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

ike said...

That's a lovely card and such a gorgeous colour scheme. I am going to have a look-up on that tree you mentioned :-)
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

ike said...

Oh WoW !! I went to look at the tree pictures - how amazing is that ??!!! I would love to have one of those. They must look awesome where you live xx

Arlene said...

Fantastic card. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

Janette said...

A gorgeous card Carol, always love your designs.xx

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Amazing colors! I like how you softened the corners with your corner rounder. It creates a nice harmony with the circle!

Thanks for playing Tic-Tac-Toe with us at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

crafty-stamper said...

Oh working backwards so now I see where you had the leftover circle from -love the gorgeous bow
Carol x

Doreen said...

Love this,thanks for sharing with us at Aud sentiments.

kiwimeskreations said...

A great Christmas card Carol - love your colour choices :)
Blessings
Maxine

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Such a pretty card - your bow is absolutely PERFECT!

Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Happy Holidays - Laura Jean (LJ) - TMS Design Team

Debbie said...

Sweet Christmas card!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Larelyn said...

Wonderful interpretation of the sketch and I love the cut out corner! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenge Blog.

Mimi said...

Such a lovely, bright and cheerful card Carol, awesome creation :) Thank you for joining us this month at Ike's World and hope you have had a lovely Christmas. Hugs xxxxx

Sall said...

What a wonderful idea I think I may have to "borrow" it. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Helen said...

A great card and colour scheme.

Thanks for joining us at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog and Happy New Year!

Helen x

Borqna said...

Happy New Year!
I agree - wonderful idea! Excellent design too.
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Blessings.

MagsB said...

I love those gorgeous, bright colours! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley Challenges.

love Mags B x