Translate

12 January, 2023

Garland quiltalong week 1

 I am participating in a 4 week on-line sewalong with Suzy Quilts (https://suzyquilts.com/category/garland-sew-along).  I am trying to use up stash and this quilt will be good for that.  Requirements are five colours of yardage (at least 50% of solid colours), and 12 fat quarters.

Week one is to pick out the fabrics.  This is what I chose.  I had to buy yardage (on the left) to go with the stash (right).


I may make some slight changes as I go, but this is a good start.  I always have difficulty choosing fabrics.  that's week one off the list!

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

This could be a fascinating journey to observe Carol - lovely colours
Blessings
Maxine

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful materials can't wait to see it progress
Carol x

Janette said...

Oh I can't wait to see this Carol, love quilts, rubbish at making them but love to see.xxx

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Very pretty colors. I like the pops of pink with all that pretty blue. Have made a few wreaths and garlands with bits of fabric but I don't sew well. I like putting the different textures and patterns together for my pieces. It's fun!! I know your quilt will be lovely.