Translate

10 May, 2023

mySpy - May 2023

 This month I decided to feature sharp and spiky.  Harder than I thought.


A NZ cabbage tree.  Some people think it's a palm tree, it's not.  It's actually a giant lily!


Hedgehogs?   A swarm of them.  What is the collective name for hedgehogs?   a hump?  a spike?  
Yeah,Nah!  They are chestnuts.



And some spiky sticks ... erm  pool cues.





Spiky grasses growing all around the village.

a flax plant

It was quite difficult to find spiky things that weren't plants!

I hope you can look for and find some spiky stuff in your environment.
See you next month.

4 comments:

Janette said...

Good to see your i-spy post, I do love them Carol.
Love all the spiky stuff you have captured, you had me with the hedgehogs haha, love that tree, never heard of that one before and of course it does look like a palm.xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! How clever and fun too Carol. Great thinking on the subject of spikes, Yep! I was taken in with the hedgehogs!
Faith x

crafty-stamper said...

Love all the spiky things and was just about to show daughter all those hedgehogs lol
Carol x

kiwimeskreations said...

You got me too, with the 'hedgehogs... what a great photo of the chestnuts there Carol!! Love the cabbage trees - I have hardly ever lived in a place without one.
Great selection of 'spiky' photos
Blessings
Maxine