Translate

22 August, 2026

Sunflower Birthday

 


The panel and additional flower is made by smooshing JuiseyArt inks and Distress Inks, allowing to dry and stamping over; Copics are used to add shadows to flower.  I fussy cut the flower and used 3Dfoam to pop it up.  The centre is highlighted in gold pen and the berries & acorns in white gel pen.  Sentiment embossed and gold cord tied around.  Matted onto lemon textured card, then onto black base card.

When I was finished I thought maybe I should have done gold embossing to go with the gold cord, and could have easily put another on top with gold embossing.  I decided not to as I like the not-matchy-matchy thing, and think it adds a bit of zing and I like unpredictable!


Shared on challenges:    

justusgirls-mood-board-837

aaabirthday-88-flowers

inspirationstation-august

simplyellibelle-i-spy-with-my-little-eye-sunflowers or yellow

thefourseasons-summer-season-august

colorfuloptions-august-citrus

creativeknockouts-577-use-your-fav-embellie metallic cord







        











10 comments:

Donna Walls said...

This is a lovely image and perfect for an Autumn birthday! Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge, it's always a treat to see your lovely designs.
Donna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a pretty image! I like that you popped up the sunflowers and added the gold twine accent! Thanks for sharing this with us at Just Us Girls!

Jane said...

How wonderfully creative you've been. I'm loving the autumnal colours too. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully done and perfect for the new I spy with my little eye challenge. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Cardsbymaaike said...

Very pretty, love how it all goes together, sunflower, acorns and pumpkins, fab card. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card Carol - love the background colours and the simple stamping over it is perfect - the background does the colouring for you :)!
Blessings
Maxine

ElizStewart said...

Carol... this card feels like a wonderful abstract painting to me. I love the design. Thanks for sharing your creativity with Just Us Girls.

Bobby said...

Your smooshed background gave a soft feel to your image, Carol, and then you popped up the flower as a focal point which really brought the scene to life. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Pauline C said...

Beautiful image and your background is perfect. Thanks so much for sharing with this month’s “I Soy With My Littke Eye” challenge.
Pauline xx

Fiona said...

I love the understated colours on this card Carol and yet the sunflower still shines out. Thanks for playing along with us at Inspiration Station