Translate

01 February, 2018

Awesome Chick

Humour is the theme at the Crafters Café this time.  Be sure to check out the inspiration from the design team and enter your work here: crafterscafe

This fabulous image is provided by Eureka.  Its called Bunch of Chicks (I have enlarged it and only used part of the image), find it here:  eureka-stamps

I like this image especially when you can have a bit of fun with it.

I printed on white cardstock, on printer paper and a small patch on patterned paper.  The printer paper I cut out and used as a mask to colour the chicks (negative mask), then used the positive mask for the sky and ground.  Because I used Distress inks, I also spritzed with water for a dappled effect, and coloured the combs and beaks with Copics.  I cut out the plaid chick and used 3D foam to adhere. The sentiment is heat embossed sky blue because I didn't want it to take over the picture.




Image: Eureka - bunch of chicks
Sentiment stamp: Rosies Studio
EP: Zing
Scrap of patterned paper from stash
Distress Inks, Copics

Shared on challenges:
a-bit-more-time-to-craft-challenge-61
addictedtostamps-277-make-your-mark
craftingbydesigns-things-with-wings
colourcrazychallenge-4-anything-goes
cutecardthursday-515-anything-goes
a-bit-more-time-to-craft-challenge-61

7 comments:

Bunny said...

Carol............this IS awesome. I love the peeps. They remind me of Easter Peeps. I wouldn't eat these though. My favorite is the plaid chick. Great card. [Bunny]

NanaConnie said...

This is such a cute card, Carol! Love how you paper pieced the top chick with the plaid. :-D Was looking for the fantastic card you did for 2 Crafty Critter Crazies February challenge. Will check back later. :-D

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun image and love the paper pieced chick
Carol x

Dawn T said...

so cute. Love the checked chick. Really adorable.

kiwimeskreations said...

Carol I so love this - that plaid chick is priceless!
Blessings
Maxine

Bobby said...

A plaid chick. How fun is that. Great coloring on the rest of the brood, Carol. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Rene said...

This is such a fun card!
Thanks for joining our Things with Wings Challenge at Crafting By Designs! - Rene DT