Translate

18 March, 2023

Quilted Mug Mat

 


Made for a cardswap with quilted theme; I made a mug mat that can be detached from the card to use.  Underneath the quilt is a stitched panel with a stamped quilt topper, so that when the mugmat is taken off, there is still a card (forgot to photograph it and now it's sent - but see a sample at bottom).

I hope the person who received it thinks of me when she uses it and that way we can have a virtual cuppa together whenever she wants.


Diecut word: Wplus9   

Tea bag tag: Kim Macfarlane

stitched die: unbranded

square patchwork stamp: FunStamps

Also: snippets of fabric, thread, embroidery floss, pellon, D.Inks, paperclip     


Shared on challenges:

CRAFTchallenge-671-female

creativeknockouts-490-add-sentiment

pixiessnippetsplayground-449 snippets of fabric

wordartwednesday-anything-goes-587-588

craftsgaloreencore-109-anycrafts

creativefingers-250-anythinggoes

lovetocraftchallenge-73-anything-goes                                           


                                        

    Here is an idea of what the underneath looked like, but with the topper coloured in, with a teacup in the middle square and a sentiment under - I can't remember what the sentiment was.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol it’s me Janette here. I love this it’s so thoughtful and useable and the beautiful sentiment is perfect xxx

Sarn said...

What a lovely card and gift to send. You are a talented gal.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, meet me and Di up in the Treehouse for a nice mug of hot chocolate - or a cup of tea if you prefer! xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and sentiment tag-love the fabulous quilted mug mat
Carol x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog

Kate said...

How lovely and what a great idea! Hugs, Kate!

Di said...

What a lovely mug mat Carol! I have a gorgeous handmade one here with a hand sewn image of Dudley on and can't bear to use it! Which is silly really I suppose.

Hugs
Di xx

Dawn T said...

I'm the lucky recipient of this gorgeous mug mat. I've taken it work and using it there every day. And I do think of you often, Carol. And I've got the card base to use at some time in the future. Thank you so much. It was a superb idea.

kiwimeskreations said...

This is gorgeous Carol, and a great interpretation of the original challenge! I love that there is a 'card' behind the mug mat, and a great sentiment also
Blessings
Maxine

Darline Maes said...

Prachtige kaart, bedankt om mee te doen, groetjes Darline

Sari / Granne said...

What a wonderful idea and great realization, I know whom ever got your card, will love it. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore #109 Challenge.