Translate

20 December, 2023

Upright Z-Fold Calendar

 


I am happy to say this is my first guest design for Ellibelle's i-spy challenge, thanks for inviting me Ellie, I always enjoy your themes.  For December the challenge is for something old and/or something new,  join us here:  simplyellibelle - I spy with my little eye



simplyellibelle.com/2023/12/i-spy-with-my-little-eyesomething-old.html


For my "OLD"  I chose one of the first stamp sets I bought when I started paper crafting around 2005; and lots of other stuff too (see list below).  For the "NEW" I used a calender for the new year.  I thought the butterflies signified  emerging from an old year starting anew.  
The card is made using a 6x6" base card.  
Butterflies and ladybird are stamped onto toning snippets of scrap patterned paper and cut out, stickles added to bodies.  White card is behind the top of the calendar to write a message.

Butterfly & ladybird stamps: Hero Arts (old)        
Die (top stopper): Spellbinders (old)
Border punch: Fiskars (old)
Paper: Basic Grey (old)
Calendar: free printable year calendar (new)
Best wishes die: unbranded (new)
Also: Stickles on butterfly bodies, brad.

Shared on challenges:



asyoulikeit-final-ch-anything-goes butterflies = happy feelings
dd-tripleb-december butterflies

9 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A fabulous creation Carol - love your use of your 'old' stash items ands how you have incorporated them
Blessings
Maxine

Janette said...

I love this Carol, it will look fabulous on your desk and what a good use of some older stash too. xx

Pauline C said...

Beautiful calendar Carol and fab use of some of your older stash. Really glad you could join us as this month’s guest designer at “I Soy” challenge.
Pauline xx

Ellibelle said...

So happy to have you joining us as a guest designer this time around! What a perfect creation following our theme, love how this turned out and it will look so beautifully displayed on a desk. Those butterflies are gorgeous!!

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your GDT spot Carol.Love this and was my favourite fold a while ago.
Carol x

Elaine Stark said...

I love this idea. I have made this style of card but didn't think of it as a calendar. It works very well. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Dawn T said...

what an awesome project Carol. Congrats on your guest spot.

Andree said...

A fabulous creation and a great design for a calendar. Lovely butterflies and colours.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore December Challenge “Anything Goes”. Merry Christmas and good luck x

Jinny said...

Your calendar looks stunning! I especially love your design. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny