I made this for our NZ cardswap. This "pivot & flip" fancy fold was the feature chosen for the swap. I must say I did not enjoy making this fold.
I used one of my favourite paisley papers as the basis for the scheme, with a coordinating purple marbled paper and a dotty blue paper which were the main colours in the paisley. The base card fold is light purple hessian textured card.
I added leafy diecuts (Couture Creations) in two shades of purple and a beautiful gold repurposed heavy wrapping paper plus some gold dots which are drop-outs from dies. On the 'wings' I added sayings which I hope will be uplifting/encouraging.
On the back I made a purple panel (Joanna Sheen diecut with 3D Kindyglitz centres) to tie in with the front, and a panel to write a message on with a gold leaf attached.
Shared on challenges:pammiesinkypinkies-2637-anythinggoes
fabnfunky-642-more-than-one-fold
die-cut-divas-recycle reuse repurpose



8 comments:
Beautifully done Carol. Like you I didn’t enjoy doing this fun fold. Yours is very pretty.
So very pretty and a great design!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Word Power Co-Owner
Love the fabulous fold and beautiful papers.
Carol x
Gorgeous gift wrap leaves, Carol - well done on the fancy fold too!! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!
I have not made a pivot and flip fancy fold and I don't want to and I love your comment that you did not enjoy making that fold. LOL But it did turn out to be a marvelous card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.
This is gorgeous - despite the fact you didn't enjoy making it - know the feeling, mine is half done...finally
Blessings
Maxine
Great card Carol, fabulous fold and beautiful colours, thanks for playing along with us at Fab’n’Funky this month.
Pat xx
fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)
Post a Comment