Translate

18 September, 2026

Make your own

 


I made this for a NZ cardswap where we had to make our own designer paper.  The sentiment is meant as encouragment.

I used my gelli plate to ink (Distress Inks) and stamp over to make my own background to this card (also misted with Perfect Pearls), which I diecut using SimonSaysStamp squovals die.  I also used same stamp to stamp on another piece of inky card spritzed with Distress Spray for the flowers, fussy cutting them and putting some under the panel as well as popping some up on the front.  The sentiment is simply stamped.  Gold metallic pen dots on the flower stamens and sentiment panel.   Sequins added.  

 I like the effect of this arty looking card.

Shared on challenges:            

addictedtostamps&more--526-make-your-mark

acutabove-/september-20 

pearlysparkles-123-pink-pearls-andor-sparkle pink, Perfect Pearls, sparkle

wordpowerchallenge-september

paper-rocks-scissors-september-20 own DP, fussy cutting

sparklesforum-204-your-favourite-technique inking & stamping

creativeknockouts-579-anything-goes

wordartwednesday-anything-goes-770-771











12 comments:

Dawn T said...

gorgeous background Carol.

Janette said...

Love it Carol, I can't even remember where my gelli plate is its been that long. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the gorgeous textured background you created, sentiment and co-ordinating flowers.
Carol x

Barb Finnical said...

Carol, this is such a lovely card! You did a great job creating your own background. Your sentiment is wonderful, and I really love the pink accents, especially the sequins. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your participation!

Vicki said...

Beautiful! You created a lovely background using your gelli plate. Pretty die cut flowers. Thanks for sharing with A Cut Above's September Challenge.

Marjeta said...

Beautiful, rlrgant card. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.

Kelly Schelske said...

Another pretty one Carol!

Thank you again for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts!

Good luck!

Darlene said...

Such a beautiful card of encouragement Carol! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Word Power challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Word Power Co-Owner

Leanne said...

Great shape card and I do like flowers...very nicely done.Thanks for playing our challenge this month at A Cut Above and have a great day! Cheers, Leanne DT/ACA

Larelyn said...

Such a lovely and encouraging card. Thanks for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.

Inkyfingeredcat said...

Love this encouragement card
Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More
Happy crafting!
Catherine x

foleysfriend said...

Pretty! Good for you for using different techniques to create your cards. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.