Translate

15 August, 2020

Coming up Roses



I am so glad to be guest designer at Arty Divas this time.  Check out the challenge here:  artydivaschallenge


A badge for you!
Oh I just love this and had such fun making it.

I have been going through my stash and trying to use stuff I had forgotten about (you know how it is).  I discovered Infusions which I had bought at a show last year and not really known how to use.  So I looked at a couple of colour burst tutorials (Infusions is a similar product only not so bright) and then have spent the last few days experimenting.

I embossed the card, spritzed it with water, allowed time for it to properly wet, then with Infusions powder on a dry paintbrush just sprinkled it onto the appropriate areas.  The powder activates when it gets wet.  Then I used a water brush to draw out the colour into the shape of the embossed roses and leaves.  I only used 2 colours of Infusions, but they have grains of other colours in them which makes a stunning effect.   CLICK on pic for close up look.

I have posted a couple of items already using this product.  BUT my fave has to be this one.  I would like this made into fabric for a summer dress!  So gorgeously feminine and romantic with an arty feel.


Here is the card with the uncoloured EF:

EF: Couture Creation
Colour: Infusions (only 2 colours)
Tag die: unknown
Sentiment stamp: mag freebie Papercraft Inspirations
Also:  Floss, silver pen, gem



















Before and After!


Shared on challenges:
simonsaysstampmonday-summer memories
asyoulikeit-favourite-colour-to-pair-with-pink green always makes pink look good
die-cut-divas-august-flowers
audsentiments-257-anything-goes-sentiment
alessandrasangels-37-anythinggoes

creativefingers-191-anythinggoes
craftyfriends-142-anythinggoes
dare2bartzy-august-challenge-anything-goes
welove2create-8-anything-goes-mixed-media

















15 comments:

Janette said...

Its beautiful Carol and such pretty flowers, looks abit like brusho's i think, I have those but I just don't seem to get it right..haha..
Thanks so so much for your help, your a gem.xx

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your GDT spot.Gorgeous card Carol and love the beautiful effect you achieved with the embossing and infusions-brilliant
Carol x

*Vicki* said...

Wow Carol, your card is so gorgeous!! Love the spritzed effect over the flowers here! Big congrats on your GDT and well deserved my friend! HUGS

Suze said...

Wow. This is stunning. Amazing the difference between the before and after. I really do need to get some of those and have a play.

Bunny said...

I'm so glad you showed the embossing folder because it helped me to understand better. This is really lovely. You did an excellent job. [Bunny]

It is kinda like Brushos. Which I seem to always use the SAME colors because I love them. [Bunny]

creationsnz said...

me too.

kiwimeskreations said...

Congratulations on your GDT spot Carol, and this is an amazing card - you have really rocked the infusions here, with a magnificent result - I can understand why it is your favourite so far :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Stunning Carol. It certainly would be wonderful fabric. Adding the little tag greeting allows the pattern to shine

Billie A said...

So pretty and creative use of the infusion. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.

Penny Busch said...

Hi Carol, I popped in from the Arty Diva's DT and am off to check out your blog. Your Guest DT project is awesome but im heading up to look at that frog project that I spotted.. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us all.

Deezy's Handmade Cards said...


What a beautiful card! Made so beautifully!
Thank you for joining the Aud Sentiments Challenge blog, we hope you'll be back next time!

Arlene said...

I love the way the colors came out - this would make a great summer dress. So glad you joined us for our “All About the Flowers” August challenge at Die Cut Divas https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/.

Jane Savage said...

Stunning technique, love the colours!
Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

Mari said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers.
DT Mari, my blog Ittetehty

Larissa said...

Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

Greetings,
Larissa