Translate

02 October, 2026

Skate Wild

 


I really have tried this in days gone by with my kids.  Now I enjoy watching grandchildren skateboarding - it is a great physical activity, is fun, costs little, is portable and can be done almost anywhere.  It's like surfing without getting wet!

CAS style.  The black shape is the negative of a diecut shape, with patterned paper placed underneath.  The patterned paper is kind of like graffiti.  I like shapes that go off the page.  A small sentiment is all it needed, cut to an irregular shape and popped up a bit.  Orange dots drop-outs saved from other diecuts  embellished, and give a feeling of lift I think.  

Shared on challenges:      

4 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Another great CAS card and love the graffiti skateboarder.
Carol x

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning - love how you use everything, from negative die cuts to die cutting drop outs!!
The 'graffiti' paper behind the silhouette figure is perfect
Blessings
Maxine

Janette said...

Gorgeous Carol, I love the movement on that image. My boys all did skateboarding until the youngest snapped his femur and spent ten weeks in the hospital. It was quite a summer :)) xx

creationsnz said...

Ooops. Yes I decided it wasn't worth the risk as I got older.