Translate

25 September, 2023

Home Baked



Do you remember when you were a kid and came home to the smell of baking?  And a warm kitchen in winter?  Knowing you could have a drink and a snack before doing your homework?  I think that is one of the feelings of home we carry with us forever.  Food is one of the feelings of place we remember.

Dies are unknown, the background is a recycled manual cover (leather grain card) that had been spiral bound, and the sentiment was typed on the computer.  Also added silver card diecuts and ribbon, a little DI brushed on for subtle shading.  the rolling pin, mitt and senti are popped up on 3D foam.  Little diecuts from snippets.

Shared on challenges:

colorthrowdown-761-colour

wordartwednesday-613-614-anythinggoes

papercraft-challenges-98-ribbon

asyoulikeit-favourite-harvest-colours-and-why Clear blue skies, leaves falling, lots of fruit to harvest and preserve and pumpkin pie

pixiessnippetsplayground-463-snippets the small decuts

colorfuloptions-september-outrageous orange

14 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love the apron and die-cut utensils
Carol x

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Carol - I remember raiding those tins of home baking when my mother was still out after I got in from school - it didn't happen very often, but...
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

What an awesome card. I too remember the smell of home baking and full tins. Especially when it was shearing time and she was baking for all the shearers and rouseabouts. Loved coming home from school to the extras!

Sarn said...

Fantastic card. Love all those tiny snippet embellishments and well done on recycling a notebook cover.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground, and thanks for bringing some baked goods to the Treehouse for us all to munch on! Yummy! Xxx

Janette said...

Love this one Carol, I have this die and its brilliant for so many things.
My mam was always working when I got home from school, but weekends were worth the wait. xx

Kelsey Thomas said...

Love your card! Thanks for playing along with The Outlawz Monday Greetings challenge.

Di said...

Great snippets card! I too relate cooking smells so strongly to memories - I believe it's be proven to be the strongest sense for triggering memories. My Mum generally baked at weekends as I loved to be her little helper - probably more of a hindrance if truth be know as a five year old!

Hugs
Di xx

Helen said...

Great card and I love that sentiment.

Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Sasha said...

Love the plaid apron! And those mini utensils are too cute. Thank you for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations, hope you have an amazing weekend!

Sasha DT Member/CIC

Nora Noll said...

This is amazing. I love that fun apron and the utensils peeking out from the pocket. That sentiment is amazing. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Lynne said...

A lovely card and those little utensils are so sweet. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

Sarah said...

Love your choice of autumnal colours and the pinny and utensils are perfect for knocking up a pumpkin pie!! Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah DT

Kelly Parker said...

Great card!! thank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Bunny said...

Oh my, Carol. I love this card. I covet that apron die. It is so cute and definitely would be great to go on a treat bag. I want one...........I hate that it's nameless.